A huge thank you to everyone who came to the Shaping Portsmouth conference on Friday 20th November. Please see below for a message from Cheryl Buggy.
When we began to consider speakers for this year’s theme of Made [it] In Portsmouth, we quickly realised we were spoilt for choice. As soon as you begin to seek out success stories, you cannot help but notice the breadth and depth of talent, innovation and creativity that Portsmouth enjoys. And of course the more you look the more you find!
So we think we created a wide ranging programme of speakers, giving an insight into just some of the rich seams of talented organisations that exist in the city, many of whom also have a global presence.
It was also an opportunity to celebrate success, with each workstream selecting two business they wanted to shine the spotlight on. You can see the winners below.
Running order for the day
- Entry for Stallholders.
|08:00 - 09:00||
- Registration - Tea and coffee, exhibition and networking time.
|09:00 - 09:05||
- Opening - Walter Cha, Chair of Shaping Portsmouth.
|09:05 - 09:20||
- Caroline Sharman, Artistic Director & CEO of the New Theatre Royal.
|09:20 - 09:35||
- Mr Jim Khan, an expert in robotic surgery at QA Hospital.
|09:35 - 09:50||
- Jason Bentley, Founder and Managing Director of The Recycled Assets Company.
|09:50 - 10:05||
- Dr Susie Tomson, Sustainability Manager at Landrover BAR.
|10:05 - 10:20||
- Neil Chapman, Managing Director of Hovertravel.
|10:20 - 11:00||
- Break - Tea and coffee, exhibition and networking time.
|11:00 - 11:15||
- Simon Terry, Innovation & Brand Director of Anglepoise.
|11:15 - 11:30||
- Helen Bonser-Wilton, Chief Executive of the Mary Rose Trust
|11:30 - 11:45||
- Professor Catherine Harper, Dean of the Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries at the University of Portsmouth.
|11:45 - 12:00||
- Stef Nienaltowski, Chair of the Business & Enterprise workstream, with the annual Shaping Portsmouth update.
|12:00 - 12:45||
- Shaping Awards, presented by Cllr Frank Jonas, kindly sponsored by Southern Co-Operatives.
|12:45 - 13:00||
- Closing - Cllr Donna Jones, Leader of Portsmouth City Council.
|13:00 - 14:30||
- Exhibition and networking time.
- Exhibition closes.