To receive matchfunding, your project must:
- Be within the city (within postcodes PO1 to PO6)
- Be formally constituted in the UK, with a bank account
- Help residents into /closer to employment, or brings economic benefit to the city
- Priority will be given where the project is for an existing independent, small or medium sized enterprise seeking to grow
- For applicants applying as a result of Covid-19 – demonstrate how you have been adversely affected by COVID-19. For example, showing evidence of declining cash flow /loss of bookings
- Demonstrate strong local support, shown through a vibrant crowdfunding campaign
- Achieve 25% of your crowdfund target, from at least 10 unique backers, before a pledge from Portsmouth City Council is considered
- If you receive a pledge from Portsmouth City Council and it does not take you to your target, then you must continue crowdfunding until you reach your target in order to collect the pledge from the Council.
Portsmouth City Council (PCC) reserves the right not to fund, or to withdraw funding during a campaign if it becomes apparent that any of the criteria are not being met. PCC also reserves the right to amend this information at any time.
Find out more and apply at the Crowdfund Portsmouth website.