Explore Your Future
Led By: Chloe Bolton – Enterprise & Skills Executive (Careers), Portsmouth City Council
The goal of this initiative is to inspire young people in Portsmouth, aged 14-19, by exposing them to a diverse array of role models from various backgrounds. Seasoned business leaders and industry professionals will candidly share their personal and professional journeys with students in an informal and relaxed setting, fostering a comfortable atmosphere for students to explore insights from different business sectors and industries. This exceptional opportunity allows students to connect with local business and industry experts, discover various work and business prospects, and ultimately kindle inspiration as they contemplate their own futures. We offer two different opportunities depending on which would fit your school better. The first option is a business Breakfast that is 30-40 minuets long or a classroom setting which would be 90 minutes long.
- To inspire Portsmouth’s young people aged 14-19 through the real-life experiences of a diverse pool of role models.
- To capture and upload free interviews of career stories demonstrating the breadth of opportunity in Portsmouth across all industries.
- To connect the future workforce with local businesses, support schools with motivating employment stories and inspire young people.
- To provide students with a better understanding of various business sectors and industries: By exposing students to different business sectors and industries and help them gain a better understanding of how they operate.
- To inspire students to think about their future careers. By motivating and sparking their interest in future career opportunities. Providing them with real-world examples of successful business professionals, to inspired to pursue their own passions and explore different career paths.
- To create networking opportunities for students by allowing them to meet and interact with local business and industry professionals. By building these connections, students may be able to access valuable information and resources that could help them in their future endeavours.
- Video library of 42 career stories from a variety of job sectors