Skills & Employability
Led By: Stef Nienaltowski – CEO of Shaping Portsmouth
and Stephanie Parker – Skills and Employment Strategy Lead &
My Future in Portsmouth Youth Hub Manager
To deliver the required skills and motivated workforce to our local businesses for them to be able to sustain and grow. It will also create a pathway to employability for those unemployed or will enable those in employment to upskill and offer more value to their employers. This will be delivered by a broad management group that will lead one or more of the programmes and projects selected to help achieve this objective.
- To create a pathway with any of our partner training providers for those on universal credit to use.
- Work with the Job Centre + team and engage with the work coaches to give them the latest skills and employment information so they in turn can give the best service to their clients.
- To engage businesses in the courses that our 3 FE’s are offering and get them aligned with their requirement.
- To ensure a high % of the adult educations budgets through our training providers are utilised across all Portsmouth business.
- Run every 3 years a skills survey that creates a clear set of requirements for our FE’s to provide.
- Develop opportunistic projects, (such as Made in Pompey), that aim to solve short term issues.
7 care experienced young people have been placed into employment with our partnerships