The shortlisted finalists for the inaugural Maritime UK Solent Awards 2022 were revealed at the Southampton International Boat Show last week.
The finalists were selected from more than 100 entries by judges chosen for their maritime expertise.
Each award nomination represents the very best of maritime in the Solent cluster and the winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on 14 October at the Leonardo Royal Grand Harbour Hotel in Southampton.
Stuart Baker, Managing Director at Maritime UK Solent, said: “We are thrilled with the number and quality of applications across the award categories. We have been blown away by the great work that is happening here in the Solent, and this gave the judges a really tough task to shortlist.
“We’re encouraging organisations to secure their tickets to the awards ceremony, which is set to be the biggest event in the Solent’s maritime calendar.”
The finalists include:
- Shortlisted for the International Trade Award is Chartwell Marine, Griffon Hoverwork and National Oceanography Centre.
- Shortlisted for the Diversity Champion Award is Ecomar Propulsion, SERCO Maritime and Portsmouth International Port.
- Shortlisted for the Innovation Award is BAR Technologies, Ocean Infinity, and Datum Electronics Ltd.
- Shortlisted for the Clean Maritime Innovator Award is Ecomar Propulsion, Datum Electronics Ltd, and BAR Technologies.
- Shortlisted for the Clean Maritime Business Award is ABP Port of Southampton, DP World Southampton, Portsmouth International Port.
- Shortlisted for the Employer of the Year Award is National Oceanography Centre, SERCO Maritime, Datum Electronics Ltd.
- Shortlisted for the Start-Up of the Year Award is WSW Marine Ltd and Vulcan Offshore.
- Shortlisted for Future Skills Award is Seabot, QuinetiQ and Cowes Enterprise College.
- Shortlisted for the Business of the Year Award is National Oceanography Centre, Vulcan Offshore and Chartwell Marine.
- Shortlisted for the Apprentice of the Year Award is Phoebe Hatton from Solent Stevedores, Lleyton Hussey from Hythe Marine Services and Devorne Gibson from the Royal Navy.
- Shortlisted for Employee of the Year Award is Harry Beadle from RAD Propulsion and Nell Care from Red Funnel.
There is no shortlist for the Maritime Hero Award as the winner will be announced on the night.
Tickets for the awards evening can be purchased by visiting: https://solentlep.org.uk/muksolent/maritime-uk-solent-awards-2022/buy-tickets-to-the-awards-event/